The Trattoria 750 Woodfired Baker’s Oven is an entry level oven for professional bakers or caterers, and has a number of special features to enable you to begin baking or catering on a small commercial scale for a very reasonable price.
The oven is made entirely in Australia, and is built solidly to be robust and long lasting.
It has a full 3/4 metre of setting space, with a separate firebox, enabling it to bake about 12 standard 750 gram loaves at a time, continuously.
It is capable of very high temperatures, making it also suitable for pizzas and turkish breads. There is a further deck above the two setting decks for multiple kitchen uses – it’s especially good for toasties or browning, as the heat comes from the top down.
Of course, having such a workable baking capacity wrapped entirely in oven brick makes the oven a superior tool for slow roasting of meats and vegetables in volume.
The thermal mass provided by these oven bricks is a huge advantage for providing delicious crust colour in your breads too.
- Two decks for setting dough directly upon. The bottom deck provides massive ‘kick’, while the top sets the crust.
- A third deck for browning or toasting.
- Both ‘setting’ decks are enclosed in brick for solid heat and better crusting.
- The top of the firebox has a stainless steel baffle to deflect heat around the baking. chamber, which moderates heat on the bottom deck while dispersing it effectively to the top. Baking times are reduced as a result.
- A heavily insulated baking chamber door for even heat front and back.
- Live steam generation through a simple yet very effective steam system built into the baking chambers.
- Super efficient transmission of heat, making the oven fast to heat up and very responsive to use.
- A small footprint, both from an environmental perspective as well as physically. The oven uses very little wood, burns cleanly, and is designed to take up minimal floor space, making it suitable for small kitchens.
- Simple design means minimal maintenance. No expensive technicians, ever!
- The oven can burn all grades of timber, and can even burn food waste with minimal processing required. We recommend using a mixture of reasonably finely split timbers, but clean sawmill offcuts can also be utilised, making the oven incredibly cheap to run.